Subject: VS3100 1.6.1 Q's
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Ogden <kkb@expressautoservice.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/04/2003 22:56:13
I was tempted to upgrade my VS3100 to NetBSD/vax 1.6.1.  I guess I have
to use the 1.5.3 MOP image right?

Another question, how bad is moving to 1.6.1 from 1.5.3 going to affect
performance on this crate?  I've only got 16 megs of RAM and it's only
about 2.8 VUPS, I think the clock rate is like 12mhz not that that really
means squat.

Another really stupid question, upon boot I noticed it said a had a
4-line DZ11 (well a flaky workalike anyway).  I see 2 MMJ jacks, are the other
2 lines for the keyboard and mouse I'll probably never get?  Is there any
way to use them as standard serial ports or should I get a life and buy a
microvax and beg/borrow/steal a QBUS MSCP<->SCSI controller?

Thanks,

--Kevin D. Ogden