Subject: [holmberg@tiac.net: Decwriter II available for the taking...]
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Larry Stone <lcs@MIT.EDU>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/22/2003 02:41:31
Is anyone interested in an authentic printing console?

                ---------------
From: holmberg@tiac.net
To: reuse@mit.edu
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:52:29 -500
Subject: Decwriter II available for the taking...

Hi,

I have a Decwriter II that I want to pass along to whoever is
willing to pick it up (my home is in North Andover). It was
suggested that I post availability to this list.

This Decwriter II hasn't been used for years. This is a
relatively heavy impact printer with a keyboard, on a metal
stand, that takes wide continuous folded paper.  It worked when
I last used it, but has been sitting in the basement for a long
time - no guarantees.  There is a (headset) modem that goes with
it.

If there are no takers, I'd be interested in ideas on the best
way to get rid of it soon.  One possibility is to try to
dismantle it and discard in parts (it is quite substantial as it
is). However, if it is of use for anyone, I'd rather give it
away.

I'm not a member of this list, so please respond directly to me
ASAP if there is any interest.

Thanks,

Carl
holmberg at tiac dot net