Subject: Re: vaxstation 4000/90
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Kranzel <adam@blacktabby.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/16/2003 10:30:01
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:53:33 -0400 (EDT)
Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Brian Hechinger wrote:
>
> > just scored a vaxstation 4000/90, was looking to put NetBSD on it.
> > was curious if there are going to be any issues with this.  like,
> > will the rom/firmware/whatever get borked by NetBSD?  or did that
> > get fixed or not affect this machine?
> >
> > thanks!!
> >
> > -brian
> >

> I think that was fixed??!

To the best of my knowledge, it was fixed in 1.6. I'm not sure if the
fix was merged back into the 1.5 branch. I'd suggest just going with
1.6.1, as the 4000/90 is quite fast, and shouldn't have any issues with
1.6 being a bit slower than 1.5. Also, if you *do* manage to b0rk the
firmware, links to both the firmware image and the tool to write it were
posted a while back, you can probably find them if you search the list
archives.

 -Adam