Subject: Re: [ot] Netbooting VMS Install
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: meltie <meltie@meltie.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/09/2003 09:41:04
On Wednesday 09 Jul 2003 5:57 am, you wrote:
> At 09:39 PM 7/8/2003, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> >Hello from Gregg C Levine
> >Oh? There's a group based on Source Forge, that is running a
> >Linux-DECnet project. According to them, once you've turned on the
> >requisite features inside a standard 2.4.x series kernel for that form
> >of networking, that is basic DECnet services. And made, and installed
> >the required items, or installed the necessary items as pre-made
> >binaries, everything should work, including using the MOP protocols,
> >with TFTP. Remember, in this wonky world nothing is impossible, except
> >governments. And a few of my friends are working on that one.
>
> Trust me, netbooting VMS doesn't use DECnet (well it uses MOP to get
> the loader but after that DECnet isn't involved).

Yep, thought as much. Any ideas as to how I could do it then? I've got a
4000/200 with a probably-dead tk70 and a few DSSI disks in, no SCSI card for
the machine. I have boxen with various nixen around, and a DEC SCSI CDROM.

meltie

--
Dance like no-one's watching, sing like no-one can hear you, love like
you've never been hurt, wash like everyone has a nose, eat like