Subject: Re: VAX port memory management Re: Internal compuiler error
To: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/04/2003 15:59:38
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Brian Chase wrote:

> However, I thought Ragge was working on an updated memory management
> implementation that removed that limit, and that he'd actually committed
> the new code some number of months ago.  I'm not sure when exactly that
> happened, but perhaps the improvements are only available in -current.

Browsing through CVS, it looks like this change was committed near the
end of February this year.  I've not tested it, but the new MAXDSIZ is
1GB vs the 64MB that was previously allowed.

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/arch/vax/vax/pmap.c?rev=1.123&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

And it is enabled with the "USE_TOPDOWN_VM" kernel config parameter
(of course this won't be of use to you for releases from the 1.6 branch):

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/arch/vax/conf/GENERIC?rev=1.113&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Mind the wrap.

-brian.