Subject: Re: Internal compuiler error
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/04/2003 07:54:09
Hello,

> - does anybody have different version of gcc running on their NetBSD/vax
> box ? If you do have version other than 2.95.3, would you be willing to
> compile pre-processed source file in order to see whether you encounter
> same bug or not ? If yes please reply and i'll send you bz2ipped .i file
> and command line options.

So ... nobody uses gcc other than 2.95.3 and/or nobody has 10 minutes to
try to compile this thing <sigh> ..

> - who's the person in change of getting compiler to work on VAX NetBSD
> platform ? I'd like to know what it takes to set up alternate build
> tools (i guess it's pretty much the same thing as cross-compilation),
> perhaps i'll be able to find a gcc that doesn't puke on that silly file.

Johnny asked about texinfo ... gcc somehow depends on texinfo and
texinfo cannot be built, ergo i can't try out gcc3 from pkgsrc. So no,
it hasn't been fixed yet. Apparently more things were broken in pkgsrc
recently, i couldn't compile icewm-1.2.7 (same version, quite old now
BTW, compiled fine 2 months ago).

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!