Subject: Re: Internal compuiler error
To: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/02/2003 11:00:35
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Blaz Antonic wrote:

> After making a couple opf assumptions (no replies from mozilla nspr
> people) i started compiling Mozilla 1.3.1 on 1.6.1. I get far in the
[...]

	btw - mozilla 1.4 is just out (and in pkgsrc :)

> - why is NetBSD/vax using gcc 2.95.3 ? Are newer versions of gcc
> defective, slower, bigger, ... ? Newer version might already contain a
> fix for the bug i encountered.

	NetBSD -current is in the process of moving to gcc-3.3. This is
	not an instant process as all platforms need to be converted
	across. gcc-3.3 is available for 1.6.1 in pkgsrc as lang/gcc3
	You will probably want to add the following to /etc/mk.conf

	.sinclude "/usr/pkg/share/examples/gcc/mk.conf"

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --