Subject: 1.6.1 compilation problem
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/14/2003 14:57:36
Hello,

I got that drive removed and replaced with another drive temporarely (i
should have a functional equivalent of that plate thingy in few days so
i'll be able to fit in two drives). I did a fresh install of 1.6.1 but i
ran into problems while compiling the kernel:

It bails out almost immediately after start with Fatal Error in subr.S
line 597 "PIC reference to Sysmap is indirect". I never got this message
on 3100 (with 1.6), my kernel config file is pretty straightforward
(almost everything non-VS4k excluded).

BTW: if anybody has succeeded in compiling 1.6.1 kernel with 1.6.1 tools
on VS 4k machine i'd really appreciate your kernel config file in
private mail so we don't clutter up the list) even further :-)

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!