Subject: Re: SCSI CD-ROM on Vax
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/31/2003 21:18:29
At 3:12 PM -0500 5/31/2003, J. Buck Caldwell wrote:

>Hmm.. well, I'm getting farther. If I boot it with a CD in the
>drive, it seems to work, and shows it as a RRD40. Any reason why it
>won't show up properly without a CD in the drive?

     My VAX 4000-300 is the same way. It's an RA81 when empty and an
RRD40 when a CD is in it. If the SCSI ID number is set to 0,1,2 or 3,
it shows up as a disk. If the number if 4 or higher, it shows up as a
tape. My SCSI to Q-bus card has an MMJ jack that allows you to
reconfigure the defaults, but I have no documentation for it.

--
M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
PGP key: <http://www.panix.com/~mjdowden/keys.shtml>