Subject: MicroVAX/VAXserver 3300 - Free to good home...
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Ogden <ogdenk@expressautoservice.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/26/2003 01:13:07
I have a VAXserver 3300 (MV3300 w/o multiport serial) in good cosmetic shape
that is collecting dust.  I'm offering it here because I can't think of
anywhere else to list it.  I'm located in the Fredericksburg, VA area.

It has a KFQSA card w/ 2 RF30's.  The drive cable is slightly flaky (sometimes
the second drive doesn't come up until you jiggle the cable).  The TK-70 is
dead I think though I don't have any tapes to test it.  I don't think too
many people actually use TK-series tapes here anyway.

It currently boots NetBSD 1.4 (maybe 1.5...) with no issues.  It's been
sitting for months, I'm too lazy to do anything with it and cheap DSSI disks
are hard to find and QBUS SCSI cards are prohibitively expensive on my budget
which is really tight, rent and diapers are eating me alive.

Anyway, as far as qbus boxes go, these aren't bad and they won't give you as
bad of a hernia as some larger machines though it is pretty heavy.  If
someone is willing to come pick it up they are welcome to it.  If someone has
a MicroVAX 3100 {m38, m40, etc} to trade I would almost kiss them, I already
have a VAXstation 3100 (no use for the internal video, I'd rather have extra
serial ports).

--Kevin D. Ogden