Subject: Re: Unexpected problems, part 2
To: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/19/2003 03:03:21
On Mon, 19 May 2003, Blaz Antonic wrote:

> If i understand correctly the PC sends a break when it boots up (powers
> up, it didn't happen when it was just rebooting) and this makes my Vax
> crash back to console prompt. Cable is ALWAYS attached to the PC and it
> is rebooted (or started) every now and then, asynchronously with what
> happens to Vax. So the only way around this problem is not to have PC
> power up while Vax is running the OS (i hate 1 GB filesystem checks) ?

Another option is to leave the serial cable disconnected until you
need it.  That does require some error prone "human intervention" steps
to come into play to work.   The next time this happens, try entering
the CONTINUE command at the >>> prompt to see if things pick up from
where they were before the halt.

-brian.