Subject: Re: Unnamed card for sale on ebay
To: Stanley Reynolds <stanley_reynolds@yahoo.com>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/18/2003 14:46:58
On Sunday, May 18, 2003, at 10:10 AM, Stanley Reynolds wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/
> eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3416282218&category=12
>
> I have little experence with them but looks like XMI
> bus maybe a board from a vax6000, it maybe a processor
> board but i would guess it doesn't have six
> processors.

   This is definitely not an XMI board...XMI boards are about half this
size.  The handle on top and the number of connectors at the bottom
suggests an earlier 8000-series non-BI board, like from an 8700 or 8800
class machine.

>  Maybe you could email him and ask for part
> numbers off the board or chips.

   Part numbers off the chips won't do you any good...many of them are
custom gate arrays.  I've emailed him and asked for the board number.
I will share any information that I receive.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                "They live deeply, these vagabonds."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Goro