Subject: purification of the soul
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/11/2003 01:45:22
   I love the work I've been doing with embedded systems, but for some
reason I desperately needed to do something different tonight.  So I
dug out a VAXstation 4000 VLC that I got from William Barnett-Lewis a
year or two ago and installed NetBSD/vax on it.  It had been running
VMS happily, but I have plenty of other VMS-capable machines here, so
the VLC was my choice.

   I've been a NetBSD/vax hack since the days when Ragge first got
MicroVAX-II CPU support working (at the time I couldn't power an 11/750
in my old apartment), but I haven't run it since back in the 1.4 days.
It feels really, really good to be running NetBSD/vax again.

   The install (1.6.1 via CDROM, serial console, 24MB of RAM onto a
2.1GB disk) went well and it seems to be running fine so far.  Thanks
again, everyone, for such a grand OS for such grand hardware!

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                "Why would a brothel need
St. Petersburg, FL            a streaming media server?"      -Kevin