Subject: Re: booting error
To: ajmal khan <ajmalkjadoon@yahoo.com>
From: Thomas Dzubin <dzubint@vcn.bc.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/08/2003 10:37:12
RE: error "TMSCPLOAD-I-LOADTMSCP"
That's a VMS operating system message and not a NETBSD message
You might wish to ask this question on the comp.os.vms Usenet
newsgroup or check the VMS frequently asked questions list at:
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/comp.os.vms/

You probably need to get to the "SYSBOOT>" prompt and muck around
with certain parameters.  The method of getting to SYSBOOT depends
on what kind of VAX you have, but typically it's "BOOT/1" or "BOOT/R5:1"
(without the quotes)
Changing certain SYSBOOT parameters will allow you to boot with a
minimal startup and bypass a lot of the things you may not need like
VAXCLUSTER
  ...my favorite is "SET STARTUP OPA0:" followed by "CONTINUE"

...anyhow...like I said, this is a VMS message and not NETBSD so this is
probably the wrong mailing list to discuss this.  :-)

Thomas Dzubin