Subject: Re: disks on a 4000/600A or 700A
To: Lyle Bickley <lbickley@bickleywest.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/07/2003 12:58:39
That is correct, however it isn't always just "plug and go." The KFQSA has
a "configuration mode" where you talk to the card via the DUP protocol in
the VAX monitor. (Don't try this on a MicroVAX II) On a KA655 its easier
with a SET HOST/DUP/MAINT 1 or something similar. Doug Meade had the
makings of a FAQ but I don't know if its on-line. Anyway, the KFQSA will
show up as one MSCP controller for each drive so you will need to recompile
the kernel if you want to support more than 2 drives this way.

--Chuck