Subject: Re: disks on a 4000/600A or 700A
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Lyle Bickley <lbickley@bickleywest.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/07/2003 10:56:19
Chuck,

I've been following this conversation with interest as I, too, have a num=
ber=20
of DSSI drives in a couple of VAXEN's.  I also happen to have a spare KFQ=
SA=20
(M7769).  Are there docs somewhere that describe setup, configuration, et=
c.? =20
Any ROM changes required?

Do you happen to know why the KFQSA is supported and not the "native" DSS=
I=20
controller?

Thanks,
Lyle

On Monday 07 April 2003 10:16, Chuck McManis wrote:
> If you get a KFQSA you can plug it into the DSSI drives and run them fr=
om
> NetBSD. The KFQSA is a quad width card that does MSCP emulation on the =
Qbus
> and talks to DSSI drives.
> --Chuck
>
> At 12:38 AM 4/8/03 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >What's the suggested solution for disk storage on a 4000/600A or 700A
> >given that the DSSI controller isn't supported? My two VAXes are full =
of
> >DSSI disks.
> >
> >thanks,
> >Hamish