Subject: Re: Ultrix Driver Question
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/02/2003 11:49:59
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 04:28 AM, sridhar@neurotica.com wrote:
> > Hi people.  I assume that SDI disks show up as /dev/ra* on Ultrix?
> > What
> > do the SDI controllers show up as?  Specifically, the XMI ones?
>
>    If memory serves, they'd show up as kdm<n>.

Looks like it, yes...

From GENERIC:

controller      kdm0    at xmi?         node?

but then you also av uq?, which is the port driver, that goes through any
of the MSCP controllers.

controller      uq24    at kdm0         vector uqintr

And then, disks talk mscp:

disk            ra0     at mscp         drive 0

So, it might show up as kdm<n>, but I'm certain that uq<n> will show up.

	Johnny