Subject: Re: Deleting files
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/17/2003 18:01:57
Hi !

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> > > If softdep could only become stable enough for me to use on my
> > > VAXen... :-)
> >
> > Isn't it? I used it without any problems on my 4000/105A a while ago in
> > 1.5.somewhat.
>
> I've tried it a number of times on my 8650, the last time was at 1.6I I
> think.
>
> Every time it's the same. After running build.sh for a while, I get a
> panic.
>
> But it might survive better if not stressed that much, but what is the
> point in that?

Ah, i see... On my VAX, i really never had problems with "the usual stress",
including kinda "rm -fr pkgsrc". I just saw this problem on i386 with 1.5.2
when removing pkgsrc on 2 softdep-filesystems. As i didn't like the 1 hour RAID
rebuild and 2 hours fsck, i now do "cd pkgsrc;for i in *; do rm -fr $i; sync;
done" :)

...Michael

--
http://www.unixiron.org/    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX