Subject: Re: dnet client for VAX - finally!
To: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/26/2003 13:12:47
On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 ragge@ludd.luth.se wrote:

> Actually, the heat from a VAX is produced from electricity, which in turn
> comes from nuclear or hydrogen power plants. So, if the VAX is used
> for heating the house where you are living, you will lower the amount
> of oil you would otherwise have used to heat your house! :-)

Well, I'd never really thought of it that way.  VAXEN AGAINST BIG OIL!
However, it is true that many power plants in the US rely on coal, oil,
or natural gas.  In my case, my home's furnace is natural gas based.

I'd love to have a central heating control system that would be
continuously fed information about the costs of various energy systems
available to, and then would power up or power down my VAXen to optimize
my energy expenses.  Of course, there's also something to be said for
the value of entertainment provided by the VAXen, and the potential for
generating revenue to offset the energy costs!  This additional value
could "subsidize" the generally higher cost of electricity (in the US).

-brian.