Subject: Re: dnet client for VAX - finally!
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/26/2003 05:06:15
> > > It's not fast, but why not?
> >
> > because it needlessly contributes to global warming?

Hmmm...

> Not if the VAX is already running. :-)

That would have been my answer.

> But what is dnet?

distributed.net is a distributed computing project. The RC5 distributed
project is of questionable use; it was originally intended to make a
statement about the insecurity of small (40, 48, 56 and 64 bit) keyspaces.
The message is out there - in my opinion, there's no need for RC5-72.
However, finding the shortest optimal Golomb ruler for a given set of
marks does have some value.

The ISC is donating colo and bandwidth, so they can't be all that bad!

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs