Subject: Re: What is this TDL-12?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Smith <eric@brouhaha.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/21/2003 15:26:50
John Harvard writes:
> Getting the urge to work with my vaxen again, I noticed this strange
> card  labeled "TD Systems TDL-12" in my 4000/500.  It has a ribbon cable
> running  out to a 50 pin centronics connector.  Is this scsi, dssi,
> something else?  Does NetBSD support it?

TD Systems did make SCSI cards.  I don't know what else they made, so
it might be SCSI, but I'm not sure how likely that is.  You might
inspect the chips to see if there's an obvious SCSI chip (e.g., 5380,
53C94, 33C93, or similar parts).

> Also, am I correct in thinking that the CMD CQD-223 emulates MSCP?  I'd
> certainly love to have the uVax-II and 4000/500 booting off local disks.

Yes.  Look at the label to see whether the model number ends in /T, /M,
or /TM, to determine whether it supports tape, disk, or both.