Subject: Re: Trouble building current toolchain.
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/21/2003 23:56:22
On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Today I tried to build the toolchain of 1.6N (cvs updated at Feb 8) but
> it allways faild with:

I reported this over a month ago, I believe. Not many seemed to give a
darn, though. :-)

The problem is that GCC on VAX defines __USER_LABEL_PREFIX__ to "_" on
VAX, but to a null string on other platforms.

The quick fix is to change the macro in libintl.h to not use
__USER_LABEL_PREFIX__, but we really should fix gcc.
I've looked at it, and I thought I had found it, but so far I've failed to
correct gcc.

	Johnny