Subject: Re: CMD qbus scsi issues
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@norway.eu.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/18/2003 19:48:12
Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se> writes:

> Anyhow, many people have reported having problems with the CMD
> controllers, but the symptoms are different. For me, the whole machine
> hangs so hard I have to power cycle it.

My KA650 with CMD CQD-220 and NetBSD crashes, and needs a hard reset
before it is able to boot again.

> VMS works like a champ, so I'm pretty sure I don't have a hardware
> problem. This is on a 3600.

I've run 2.11BSD, 4.3BSD-Reno and Ultrix on the same hardware that
fails with NetBSD (well, 2.11BSD was with a different CPU and memory,
of course), so it's not the hardware here either.

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no  T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901