Subject: Re: VERY slow ssh logins to uVAX
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/12/2003 10:19:31
> possibility (Ragge? Anyone?) is that the KA650 emulates certain
> instructions that ssh uses heavily? This was the case with the 68060 - it

It's possible, yes. I think some of the math instructions are emulated
on the KA650.

Anyway, I would recommend to use protocol 1, it is very much faster than
protocol 2. And as Michael Kukat stated, in the 1.6 release there is
something that makes ssh very slow. It's fixed in -current though.

Just to note: It took ~30 seconds to log in to a Sparc 4/670 with the
ssh following 1.6 release, but when I upgraded to -current it only
takes a few seconds.

-- Ragge