Subject: Re: CMD qbus scsi issues
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Ponsford <tponsford@theriver.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/31/2003 14:15:21
I picked up a MV 3600 a few months ago at the UA auction that had a CMD
CQD  220/223 mscp scsi adapter. After ;putting 1.6 on it. I compiled
several programs for over
36 hours without a hiccup. I did have problems with a NFS mount when
ximit died.

An interesting  item is in the CMD Users manual which I noted:

"The CQD-223 consists of the CQD-220  and a microvax III adapter kit.
  A shielded SCSI cable (with shielded connectors) is required to
connect the
CQD-223 to scsi devices."

As I recall I once had another CMD scsi->mscp controller and disk that
acted
flacky until I replaced the SCSI cable with a newer one and the problem
went away.

Tom