Subject: Re: Instability problems
To: None <arcarlini@iee.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/30/2003 20:27:07
Hello,

> 1 is automatic restart
> 2 is automatic reboot
> 3 is automatic halt
>
> So
>          >>> SET HALT 2
> should do it. Given that the VS3100-76 has
> no battery backed RAM, I expect that SET HALT 1
> will be equivalent (although it may take the box
> a second or so to realise that a restart is impossible).

I remember trying HALT = 2 earlier with no success (but will try it
again tomorrow - VAX went to sleep for today). I tried 0 and 1 already
(it's not like i want to restart OS very often) but both times just go
to >>> prompt with HLT INST and PC contents.

If it matters: it's not a m76, it's m38. I must be missing something
obvious i guess .. it is "shutdown -r now" that makes your VAXen reboot
automagically, right ?

Blaz Antonic