Subject: Re: 1.6 release: tweaking vmparam.h and a likely bug.
To: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
From: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/19/2003 23:52:56

>   panic: Segv in kernel mode: pc 800d7c48 addr 5103d030
>   Stopped in pid 608 (cc1plus) at trap+0x1d3      cmpl     r1, $12
>   db>
>
> In another window, I've got the output from a top that was running.
> It appears that things exploded just as the size of the process reached
> 65MB (probably 65536KB):

Hm, interesting. A quick calculation to see what happens at 64MB:

64MB data would be 128K page table entries allocating 512K of memory.
512K of page table memory takes 1K page tables entries allocating 4K
physical memory. 4K is the logical page size.

> I've left my console setting at the db> prompt in case there is other
> useful information I can provide.

Is the panic reproduceable?
Anyway, if you still have your machine in the debugger, please do a
trace and mail me the output from it.

-- Ragge