Subject: VAX 8600 trouble...
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Johansson <Christian.Johansson@isd.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/17/2003 10:22:19
Hi!

Some friends and I are resurrecting an old VAX8600 and we are
now at the point where we managed to boot the console PDP (With an
old BSD 4.3 reno console RL02). We then tried to boot off an RA90
with NetBSD 1.5.x installed on it but only got some cryptic ONLINE
error.
(And the disk was definitely online)

The machine has been powered down some years due to some hardware
failures which we now have patched/fixed (failed airflow sensors, RTC
batteries dead, failed console RL02, failed RA81 disks etc).

What does it take to run NetBSD? A new console image? I have only ran
this machine with 4.3 reno on RA81 drives before.

Any ideas?

/Christian