Subject: Re: > 4 gig (was softdep)
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/17/2003 09:28:37
On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, John Klos wrote:

> I can say with certainty that 1.5 and 1.5.1 have no problems. I had that 9
> gig with one large partition and lots of heavy use for at least a year
> with 1.5.x. It was this past summer, around the time I switched to 1.6,
> that the problem began.

I agree. I have 4000/m60 that i used with rather heavy load. /home was a
single partition on a 18Gig disk. I had it working without any problems
for at least a year running 1.5.2. When i switched the m60 for an Alpha, i
just moved the disk to the new machine that's also running 1.5.2.
It's continued to work without any problems.

I don't think i'll try to install 1.6 until the partition problems are
gone...

--
cheers,

/Anders

A father doesn't destroy his children.
		-- Lt. Carolyn Palamas, "Who Mourns for Adonais?",
		   stardate 3468.1.

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 (0)70 6770210
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:    http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN