Subject: binary package linkage
To: port-vax <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/10/2003 14:57:03
Hello,

To save time I tried the bash VAX binary package.  It installed fine, but
didn't run.  I don't know what the policy is, so I thought I should
mention it here.

Building bash from pkgsrc (which took sup(1) many hours to create, and cc
a couple more), I now have a binary that looks like this:

$ ldd `which bash`
/usr/pkg/bin/bash:
         -ltermcap.0 => /usr/lib/libtermcap.so.0
         -lintl.0 => /usr/lib/libintl.so.0
         -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12

but last night, the report looked like this (from memory):

         -ltermcap.0 => libtermcap.so.0
         -lintl.0 => libintl.so.0
         -lc.12 => libc.so.12

As you might guess, ld.so complained about not finding libtermcap.so.0.4,
because the default ld.so.conf has only "/usr/local/lib".

Is the package wrong, or am I expected to reconfigure my machine?

Thanks,

--jkl