Subject: Re: VMS ABI emulation under NetBSD
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/15/2002 11:45:26
> Hi,
>
> I've never seen this discussed, and I have a feeling I'm going to start a
> long thread here, but has anyone examined the feasibility of running VMS
> binaries under NetBSD?

I thought about it some years ago when DEC did a native port of Netscape
to VAX/VMS. I didn't do anything about it, mostly because I did not have
enough knowledge about VMS and I couldn't find anything about how the
VMS system calls works. The "VAX/VMS Internals and Data Structures" do
unfortunately not give enough information.

It would for sure be an interesting challenge to do it :-)

...mmm, TOPS-20 compat mode on NetBSD/pdp10...

-- Ragge