Subject: Re: qe0 problems - ring overrun or discarding oversize frame errors
To: None <rhialto@polderland.nl, jontow@twcny.rr.com>
From: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/10/2002 23:45:28
While thinking about these ring overruns and
frame errors, I took a look at the delqa and
deqna cabkits and noticed that the delqa cable
has an extra wire coming from one of the pins
that is not there on the deqna.  Anyone know
IFF a delqa is put on a deqna cabkit whether
or not that one extra wire controls anything
critical?  It has me wondering a bit.  The wire
in question goes to pin 7 of the 15 pin aui
connector (a brown wire on my cabkit).

I notice that the mount plates on each are
labelled differently (either delqa or deqna).
Maybe there are enough differences that IFF
you sub a delqa on the deqna cabkit it causes
problems?

Anyone know?

Bob