Subject: Re: Floating Point Woes, part 2
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Henry R. Bent <hbent@cs.oberlin.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/09/2002 21:51:07
"Henry R. Bent" wrote:

> I'm recompiling the kernel for the 4k/90 now with NO_INSN_EMULATE turned off, so
> hopefully this will solve the issue.

And... no.  Xmountains still crashes.  This time gdb didn't give me anything
useful, but then I noticed that the executable had been stripped.  I'm pretty
sure it's still crashing trying to do an arctangent, though.

From the 1.6 sources for libm it looks like there used to be some VAX-specific
assembly code to do arctangents and a few other things.  However, I can't seem
to find these assembly files anywhere.  Should they be updated, or perhaps
rewritten?  I'm not coming right out and volunteering yet, but I'm ready to
raise my hand.

--
Henry Bent
hbent@cs.oberlin.edu