Subject: Re: Floating Point Woes, part 2
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/09/2002 15:14:23
On Monday, December 9, 2002, at 03:09 PM, Henry R. Bent wrote:
>>    Hey, how does the 4000/90 perform running NetBSD, anyway?  I have
>> two
>> of the buggers here...got VMS on one of them, and I'm thinking about
>> installing NetBSD on the other.  What sort of performance should I
>> expect?
>
> Hmm, what are you used to working on?

<brag>
   I have Crays here, man. ;)
</brag>

>   It's a little snappier than my
> SparcStation 2 running Solaris 2.5, and feels about as fast as my
> DECstation
> 5000/260 (though I know it's not).

   That's the sort of comparison I was looking for.  So it sounds like
it'd make a very usable workstation if things like "whiz-bang" web
pages are avoided.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                "Why would a brothel need
St. Petersburg, FL            a streaming media server?"        -Kevin