Subject: 11/750 issues
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Perry <alanp@snowmoose.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/07/2002 00:04:55
Hi,

I have some VAX-11/750 NetBSD issues.  Maybe someone here can help me.

a. Who else here has a 750?  Is it up and running NetBSD?  Are you
willing to provide me with advice directly?

b. The DMF-32 is not listed as supported hardware, but I saw a reference
to it in files.vax.  Is it actually supported?

c. I see no reference to the TU-80 tape drive.  I presume it is not
supported then (and not just called something else), right?

d. Is there a short primer somewhere on the layout of the sys source
code?  I am trying to find stuff like the above mentioned DMF-32 driver
(which has files listed in files.vax, but I cannot find those files) or
the DHU-11 driver, which is included in the kernel configuration file,
but I can't find a reference to the files that make up the option.  I am
not a complete newbie; I just work with enough Unix variants that
sometimes I forget where things are in a particular version.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

alan perry