Subject: Re: Whineyvax
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/03/2002 18:37:46
On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 10:18:13AM -0800, Carl Lowenstein wrote:

> Living near the home of WD40, I would like to point out that while it
> is an excellent penetrant, it is a lousy lubricant.  A drop of 10W30
> motor oil is a much better lube.  And just partially peel off the
> cover label.

and seal it back when you're done putting the drop of oil back in...
you don't want the oil leaking out again.  another trick is to remove
the fan and rotate the mounting so that a different side of the shaft
gets the brunt of the wear.

    "i'm convinced that the cray cabinet has an outlet for plugging in
    welding attachments."  --  Skeezics Boondoggle, on the cray CS6400