Subject: Re: Whineyvax
To: melt <meltie@myrealbox.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/03/2002 21:25:59
Ive had memories on other computers hum in audible frequencies during
accesses sometimes, so its entirely possible (though generally rather
unlikely).. and if you can hear it over the fans in that box, wow!
its much easier to hear if you listen to an AM radio next to it.. though
a DEC box is usually pretty well shielded..
are you sure its not disk noise? as the heads move (and stay put when
theyre not needed for a moment) the air striking the head assembly
does so at different angles and usually the faint whistling/vibrating of
this airflow changes pitch with different head positions..

isildur