Subject: Re: Just how many of the group are actively running NetBSD on their Vaxen?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/24/2002 18:41:24
On 2002.10.24 17:42 Johnny Billquist wrote:

> > Doesn't the 8600 eat several tenths kW?
> About. It's on a 16A 3-phase 410V connection.
That gives a max of around 11 kW.=20
I know some people here in germany who run a CDC Cyber supercomputer and
a baby Cray[1] every Saturday. They can't afford to run them 24/7 as
they have to pay the > 20 kW this setup eats...
(http://www.cray-cyber.org/)

> Anyone have a cab kit for a TKU50 and an external TK50? I have a
> TKU50 controller... :-)=20

> > I always knew that the people up there in Scandinavia are not
> "normal". ;-)
> What? After all these years, someone is on to us? Who told you?
Ragge. Once he visited the anual German VAX Geek Meeting. We came to
speak of the picture that was on the port-vax homepage a looong time
ago. It showd a 11/780 with somthing like:
"Not all VAXen are this big (6.2 m), but only the funny ones."
written below. Ragge told me that they had expanded this machine since
the photo was taken. It is now about 10 m wide. And I saw the pictures
of LUDD...

[1] This "baby" needs 8 kW and is about 1.5 m wide in each dimension. It
is called baby because it is a smaler, air cooled version of the large
freon liquid cooled YMP.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
         Jochen