Subject: This system lacks kernel support for PPP (?)
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/29/2002 22:37:03
     I just installed NetBSD 1.6 on my VAX 4000-300 and got the error
message "pppd[pid number]: This system lacks kernel support for PPP.
To include PPP support in the kernel, please read the ppp(4) manual
page." when I tried to connect to the Internet using my old chat
scripts from 1.5. I looked in that man page as well as on the NetBSD
web site and there is no mention of this nor is there anything to
suggest a problem with the old scripts. Have I missed something basic?

     Best regards,
     M J Dowden

--
M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>