Subject: Re: Probably a dumb question from an X novice...
To: NetBSD Vax Port <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Hugo Villeneuve <harpagon@jwales.EINTR.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/24/2002 19:11:43
On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 02:02:05PM -0400, Lord Isildur wrote:
> \troll mode{
> you could put netbsd on that i386 box too
> }
>
> more seriously, i dont think vnc makes anything that runs on a vax..
> unfortunately. There used to be an X server for win-doze called exceed
> (or was it called exodus? one of them was for the mac, and one for
> peecee, but i dont remember which) and there's also X-win32. the

Hummingbird's Exceed for Windows PC is still being made. but it's
far from cheap.

http://www.hummingbird.com/products/nc/index.html

[link may not work in Netscape 4.x]

When I used it 4 years ago it was a very impressive X server for
Windows. Nowadays, I couldn't tell if it's still worthwhile.

--
Hugo Villeneuve <hugo@EINTR.net>
http://EINTR.net/