Subject: Probably a dumb question from an X novice...
To: NetBSD Vax Port <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@liveround.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/24/2002 10:11:01
Is there a way to use VNC on a Vax running NetBSD as an X server? For
instance: I have a Vax running 1.5something (soon to be 1.6), and a PC
on the same network. Can I run VNC on the vax and VNCViewer on the PC
and get a graphical screen viewed on the PC, but running on the vax?

Or, if it's easier, is there a decent free Win32-based X-server that I
can use to connect to NetBSD on a vax?

In case you can't tell, I know next to nothing about X. I managed to set
it up on a NetBSD-i386 box once, but that's about the limit. I know
nothing at all about inter-box communication and X, other than that it
is possible.
--
  - J. Buck Caldwell

   "Every year, we pass the anniversary of our own death."
                                             - B. Banzai