Subject: Re: du devices
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: nierveze <alain.nierveze@radio-astronomie.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/12/2002 11:20:13
Hello,no not a qbus vax,I am speaking of vaxstation3100
I picked boot.fs from 1.5.2, rawwrited it on a 1.44mo pc diskette
(windows98),put it in different vaxstation 3100.
on a vaxstation 3100/38 with scsi rx23 (device name dka ***,it boots),
on another vaxstation3100/30 with a mfm rx23 (device name dua2 ,mfm
controller inside the vs3100) it doens not boot (hlt instr) ,
Is that normal?What do you mean by 'scsi only bootstrap?I did not see any
option
either on the vaxstation or in the documentation.Neither vaxstation give
error message during power up test,everything is normal.They both work
correctly.The vs 3100/30 (the one with the dua2 rx23) boots vms standalone
backup on an external rrd42.The 3100/38 works fine with vms,it is my usual
computer.
Thanks very much.
Florence et Alain Nierveze
492 Allée Montesquieu