Subject: Re: HELP: QDSS (qd0) status???
To: Don Smith <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/29/2002 22:41:02
At 09:26 PM 8/29/2002, Don Smith wrote:
>1. Is any QDSS support working in 1.5.2?

No.

>2. Is all QDSS support based on BSD4.3 code?

Probably.  But it needs to be completely written.

>3. Is BSD4.3 code currently broken and re-fixed in 1.6 (in the change
>notes)?

I don't think so.

>4. What's the order of magnitude of the scope of work (hours required by a
>good programmer)
>      to complete wscons (and X w/keyboard and mouse) support for QDSS?

Just wscons is probably about 1-2 weeks.  Just make sure you cross-compile
your kernels or it might take months. :)

>5. Was there *ever* a fully-functioning (graphics+mouse+keyboard) X server
>for QDSS?

Not under NetBSD.  Also note that the GPX is not restricted to the
Q-Bus so that config wise, this should attach like:

qdss* at uba? csr XXXX
dragon* at qdss?
wsdisplay at dragon?
lkkbd* at qdss?