Subject: Re: VAXstation 4000/90 Success!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Gregg C Levine <drwho8@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/20/2002 18:47:17
Hello from Gregg C Levine
I am, (Would all of you believe?), running the currently released version of
NetBSD-VAX under the Simh simulator. And this was version of the Simh
simulator was built on a Windows box, the "cpu" in this case is indeed a
KA655, at least that's the name of the binary file that gets loaded before
anything else happens. Now the question, does anyone have a copy of the
KA655 tech manual, as a PDF file? Or know where I can obtain one? Or the
actual manual for purchase. I would like to better understand the processor
behind the simulator's origins. The reason, by the way, that I joined this
group, is indeed what I am doing on that simulator. Incidentally folks, I
applaud the successes that have been reported so far. It means that we, this
community, is doing good.
Gregg C Levine drwho8@worldnet.att.net
"How many floors does this TARDIS of yours have, anyway?"