Subject: VAXserver 3100 boot/POST problems
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/10/2002 12:32:40
I've had this system sitting in my closet for a few years, rescued
it from a pile of systems that was going to be trashed.

This past week, I started to get nostalgic and decided to start
doing what needed to be done to get it up and see what was there,
then install NetBSD on it.

After getting the appropriate MMJ->DB9 cable assembled, I was able
to get it to the bootrom prompt, but when I tried to do a 'show dev'
it locked up.

After cycling power, nothing would go to the console again.  The
8 diag LEDs on the back all stay lit, which indicates that we've
got power, but no instructions are being executed.

Any hints on what I might be able to do to get it going again?

--
Michael Parson
mparson@bl.org