Subject: Sending BREAK via telnet through DS700
To: port-vax@netbsd.org, Linux/VAX <linux-vax@mithra.physics.montana.edu>
From: Kenn Humborg <kenn@linux.ie>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/03/2002 00:24:37
I've got a DS700, with a VAX console connected to port 2.

I've set up a telnet listener as follows:

   change telnet listener 2002 port 2
   change telnet listener 2002 conn enabled

I can telnet to this port and access the machine's console
(although I have yet to figure out how to do 'mode char'
automatically).

However, I can't send a BREAK to the console.

This message suggests that it is possible:

   http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3D09657A.A74FA882%40ins-msi.com

and this one suggests that it isn't:

   http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3AAF93C1.DFA0B4D0%40unixiron.org

I've tried both CHANGE PORT BREAK LOCAL and BREAK REMOTE, no difference.
tcpdump shows that my telnet client is sending FF F3 when I do
^] send break, so that side is OK.

Anyone here got it working, so that we can compare configs?

Thanks,
Kenn