Subject: Re: NetBSD with 4mb ram
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/29/2002 14:45:13
Anders Magnusson wrote:

>>Doesn't a 4000/60 have a minimum of 8 MB on the board?
>>

> Possible; this machine has 64MB, but that doesn't prevent me from telling
> the kernel that the machine has only 2MB :-) I often do things like this
> to test how the kernel acts under special conditions (paging, swapping, ...)

Hmmm, if I install more memory into a MicroVax (a 3100/80 in this
case), do I have to configure something when I next turn it on?
I recently put two 4Mb sticks into my MV to take it upto 48Mb.
When I turned it on, I got one of the cryptic error codes during
the system check, and it reported only 40Mb of RAM. Does this mean
I've got some duff RAM, or am I missing a vital step?

Chris

--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)
cwareham@btinternet.com (home)