Subject: Re: Off-Topic: Goodbye to ftp.digital.com?
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupp <rupp@chello.at>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/14/2002 22:15:14
On Tuesday 14 May 2002 22:32, Lord Isildur wrote:
> is anyone on
> the list closer to the european site, so it doesnt have to go over a
> slow line all the way to the us?

Yes, I am (Austria), but I got trouble. It lets me log in, but not
list or do anything. Sorry. I'll try tomorrow morning from work.
I have enough space and a 2Mbit link there.

I could also mirror gatekeeper. As an Alpha/Tru64 based shop, we'll
need some of the stuff anyway, sooner or later.

But before I start an ftp orgy, I'd like to know if you are _really_
sure they want to take the ftp servers offline?! There is firmware and
other essential stuff on that machines.

Wolfgang