Subject: Re: Vax 4000/90
To: joseph p bennardo <fordluvr@juno.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/29/2002 16:05:54
cant you get a serial console on it?
attach a terminal to the mmj port.. the pinout for the dec-423 connectors
is as follows:
1 DTR
2 TD (+)
3 TD (-)
4 RD (-)
5 RD (+)
6 DSR

it's a differential interface.. the - lines can connect to the ground on an
rs232 connector. attach a terminal at 9600 N81 to it, and
you should be at the chevron.
i would guess than a 4k60 video card would work, but i dont know for
sure. someone else on the list might though.

as others have mentioned, if you havent yet installed netbsd on this 4k90,
you might want to back up the console firmware, which gets clobbered by
netbsd.

isildur