Subject: Re: Vax 4000/200 Tech Questions
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/28/2002 17:43:07
At 5:15 PM -0400 4/28/2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   This thing will draw nowhere near 11A...this is typical the DEC
>overspec dance.  Mine draws like 3A peak.  But anyway, that power
>connector is a high-current IEC that is used on lots of
>things...smaller VAXen, big Cisco routers, stuff like that.  There's
>an even beefier one, square with three parallel blade pins, that is
>used on SGI Challenge and Onyx deskside cabinets.  They're the same
>family as the ordinary power cables that everything else uses, just
>beefier.  They shouldn't be too difficult to find.

     This is true, but the plug has a notch in it (at least the one on
my 4000/300 does). It would be best to find an exact replacement, but
some people have taken well-made regular cords and made a notch in
them. I ASSUME that there were no problems (or we would have read
about it).

--
M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
PGP key: <http://www.panix.com/~mjdowden/keys.shtml>